A rock-a-thon is a fun filled day of amazing people (that includes you!!!) coming together to raise money for our families’ babies. The keyword in that description is fun! The first step is for you to form a team of anyone that is 11 years of age or older.
Each person will be encouraged to gather donations to participate. The donations will help with the operating expenses of CRADLE, a non-profit organization. CRADLE helps to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of anyone who is parenting or preparing to parent in Scott and surrounding counties. Examples of what we provide to families to meet their physical needs by providing supplies for babies and young children such as diapers, formula, wipes, clothing, baby food/cereal, bottles and cribs, car seats, etc. CRADLE has no income requirements and will assist anyone who may find themselves raising children, including foster parents or grandparents. CRADLE does this out of love for the families they serve and the belief that all children are special blessings.
Your team must keep your chair rocking at all times over the course of the four hours. This is truly a team effort as members trade places and encourage one another to keep on rocking! During their non rocking times team members will have other activities such as arts and crafts, Disney karaoke, best 80’s dance moves contest, trivia and more!
What you need to know before you sign up...
• This ministry is incredibly important to us and the community since 1994. Please take
the time to learn about CRADLE by visiting us at 501 Thomas Street, looking us up on
Facebook, or visiting our website (which is still very much a work in process).
• Each team is responsible for providing their rocking chair. However, we do not want
anyone to miss out simply because they do not have a chair. We have a limited number
that we can provide on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact CRADLE at 812 752-
6898 for more information.
CRADLE Rock-A-Thon Registration Packet
• Each team will consist of four to six members.
• Each team member will rock for at least one of the 30 minute intervals.
• Each member is encouraged to collect at least $25 in donations to participate or a total
of at least $100 per team.
• We have a goal to raise $2,000 from this Rock-A-Thon.
• Awards will be given for the individual that collects the most in donations and for the
team who collects the most as a whole.
• Donations must be turned in the morning of the event. We accept cash or checks can be
made out to CRADLE. All donations are tax deductible.
• Team registrations need to be made by calling CRADLE at 812-752-6898 or via e-mail to
email@example.com by Monday, April 3rd.
What to Expect the Day of the Rock-A-Thon?
• Registration begins at 9:30. Teams should be present by no later than 10 a.m. for final
• The location is the Vienna Baptist Church at 11 W. Leota Road, Scottsburg. Please enter
on the side of the building.
• We encourage you to decorate your rocking chair and to pick a team theme. We will be
giving out prizes for the best decorated chair, team theme, and rock-a-tude.
• Come prepared to have fun, fun, and more fun!!!!!!
• Food and drinks will be available for you to purchase or feel free to bring your own.
• We start rocking at 10:30 a.m. and will wrap up with awards at 2:45 p.m.
So Let’s Get Started
• Mark your calendar as busy on Saturday, April 7 from 10 to 2:30.
• Learn about CRADLE.
• Who can you recruit to rock with you?
• What is your theme?
• Where will you get a rocking chair?
• How will you decorate your chair?
• Who will donate towards your rocking abilities to help you raise money for CRADLE?
• How can you help promote this event on your social media? Rocking Chair selfie?
• Practice rocking, practice more rocking, and one more time to make sure your rocking
abilities are top shape.
• Call or e-mail your team’s registration.
• Collect your donation money.