Assist Press Coordinator in area administration via being responsible for directed tactical tasks and/or short-term goals for area. Lead and direct Press team by modeling professionalism and area specific procedures for safely manufacturing high quality automotive structural parts.
Support (ATA) efforts to promote Corporate Social Responsibility, (CSR) and ensure activities are carried out in cooperation with G-TEKT CSR, and Corporate Governance initiatives and activities to ensure compliance in functional areas of responsibility. Support the Corporate Governance Policy of Austin Tri-Hawk Automotive and the Objectives of:
Meeting challenges of changed legal and business environment.
Enhancing the trust of ATA among customers, associates, and society.
Implementing activities to improve ATA business operations using a strategy of Steady Compliance
Press Coordinator (and Team)
- Stable Employment History;
Technical Aptitude=Education, Training &/or Experience matching Company needs;
Positive background and references;
Willingness to Learn;
Ability to problem solve
Natural Leadership Qualities
Demonstrate basic skills for manufacturing competence
- Compare part with quality check point, Kanban tag, and barcode.
- Accurately complete production form by documenting part disposition in each production code.
- Compare part accuracy by measuring part on check fixture, verifying part characteristics.
- Compare quality of part to visual controls, Master sample and Check fixture.
- Ensure parts are produced in schedule quantity by counting and tracking number of parts produced. Use production quantity and amount of time to produce parts, to calculate production efficiency.
- Develop team skill base and facilitate associate training.
- Model and ensure personal safety and proper safety precautions and procedures by complying with all safety procedures.
- Model appropriate associate conduct, work ethic and professional protocol.
- Model and mentor company policy, proper process procedures and problem solving.
- Model proper, respectful and courteous communications with all associates and guests.
- Keep team associates focused on assigned work tasks.
- Foster positive company spirit and team relations.
- Advice associates on procedures and technical skills.
- In Coordinator’s absence, assist in area supervision.
- Follow coordinator’s directives and accept direction.
- Safety produces quality parts in sufficient quantities to supply customer requirements.
- Ensure associates produce quality parts in sufficient quantities to meet production schedule.
- Accurately complete production documentation.
- Follow company procedures and manufacturing processes.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely, efficient manner.
- Assist area communications.
- Safely produce quality parts in sufficient quantities to meet production schedule.
- Ensure quality checks, documentation and records are properly completed.
- Develop new team members through training, ensuring all associates are trained to perform job function
- Support IATF-16949 requirements.
- Assist associate training program. Ensure only trained associates are producing parts
- Perform root cause analysis in problem areas and situations
- Assist in new associate introduction to work area.
- Maintain orderliness and 5S.
- Make sure the scheduled production quantity is accomplished:
- Respond quickly to down time, act with a sense of urgency.
- Assist inventory verification. Ensure production reporting accuracy and timeliness.
- Master team product manufacturing technologies and techniques.
- Assist communication of area leadership directives via active listening.
- Help to maintain quality standards by comprehending safety characteristics of each part team manufactures.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement process. Develop team relations via problem-solving and participative decision-making. Develop and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure quality parts are safely produced at rate by completing the following;
Prepare the press to be ready to run line before the operator arrives
- Preparation of die setting, fingers, materials
- Prepare tags and other necessary documentation
- Ensure a supply of PPE i.e. gloves sleeves and other safety items are available for operator use
Confirm quality parts are produced:
- Check parts, (quality) as produced, in addition to performing required quality checks, ensure part quality by monitoring parts catchers and physically checking the parts as produced.
Make sure the scheduled strokes (quantity) is accomplished
- Monitor progress toward production target, notify coordinator of problems so they can determine and implement appropriate countermeasure.
- Make sure to prepare the next items, (confirm die setting, fingers and materials
- Ensure part set up and parts flow.
- Ensure Presses/Equipment is set up and ready for production on next scheduled shift.
- All other duties assigned by Coordinator.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com